Hirsch Serman, MBA, CPA, CDFA specializes in the financial and tax aspects of divorce. His values-based approach is to Prioritize ~ Organize ~ Simplify your financial life during and beyond the divorce process. Hirsch is committed to helping each client understand the more complex tax and financial implications of his or her specific situation.
As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, a Certified Public Account, and trained mediator, Hirsch is uniquely equipped to recognize and creatively work through financial complexities, tax ramifications, and inequities in the settlement process that are often overlooked.
Hirsch is a nationally recognized expert. Get to know Hirsch by listening to his radio show – The Financial Wellness Hour – which focuses on the financial aspects of divorce. He has also been published and covered in national media outlets like Inc., US News & World, National Association of Divorce Professionals, Memphis Business Journal, DivorceMagazine.com, DivorcedMoms.com, Going Solo Network, The Good Men Project and multiple other outlets.
With a first-hand understanding of how highly emotional the divorce process can be, Hirsch is dedicated to reducing the anxiety of each client by focusing on the client’s priorities and client’s best interests.
Hirsch currently sits on Boards for three non-profits, including The Lilac Tree in Chicago. He is also the proud recipient of the Comcast R.I.S.E. award.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Divorce Planning (CDFA®).
- Taxes and Tax Planning (CPA®).
- Values based strategies on splitting the assets (get very creative).
- Creator of the Who Am I Financially divorce planning program.
- Evaluate ability to keep the marital home.
- Understanding your debt and credit.
- Creator of The Divorce Budget.
- Compilation and Comparison of Financial Affidavits.
- Creating negotiation options and amicable financial solutions.